A few months ago, while returning to California from British Columbia, I booked a night at a hostel in Sacramento. Thinking it was a seaside town, I was rather surprised when I arrived and discovered it most definitely isn’t. I flowed with it nonetheless, and soon discovered I had been led there for a reason. Becoming acquainted with a boy from Switzerland, we quickly got talking about a book he’d just finished; The Celestine Prophecy. Minutes turned to hours, and before I knew it, midnight had rolled around it what seemed like the blink of an eye.
Very intrigued by what I’d heard about this fictional book, and the many truths that are within it, I’ve been reading what I can on the internet, manifesting it to come my way when the timing is right.
Earlier this evening, walking through the streets of Budapest, I think of the book, and note to myself to look for it in the UK - the next English speaking country on my itinerary.
A few steps further, a minute, maybe two, after I’ve had this thought, I pass an old book store, stopping me in my tracks. Expecting only a small corner dedicated to English books, I am pleasantly surprised to discover I understand the majority of titles lining the shelves, a few minutes seeking, I spot it, waiting there patiently for me to find!
The following are excerpts from the book… the hook line and sinker that got me hooked before I read the first page.
- Feeling restless? You’re not alone: Everybody’s starting to look for more meaning in life. Start paying closer attention to those seemingly “chance coincidences” - strange occurrences that feel like they were meant to happen. They are actually synchronistic events, and following them will start you on your path to spiritual truth.
- Observe our culture within its proper historical context. The first half of the past millennium was spent under the thumb of the church; in the second half we became preoccupied with material comfort. Now, at the end of the twentieth century, we’ve exhausted that preoccupation. While this technological preoccupation was an important step, we became disconnected. We’re ready to discover life’s ultimate purpose; love.
- Start to get acquainted with the subtle energy that infuses all things. With practice, you can learn to see the aura around any living being and to project your own energy around it to give it strength. Where attention goes, energy goes, influencing other energy systems and increasing the pace of coincidences in our lives. Energy responds to how we think. See the beauty and see everything as divine energy. Love is connection.
- An unconscious competition for energy underlies all conflicts. By dominating or manipulating others, we get the extra energy we think we need. Sure, it feels good - but both parties are damaged in the conflict. We think we have to compete with each other for energy and steal energy from others because we are disconnected from the larger source of this universal love/energy (thus feeling weak and insecure), so we dominate and manipulate others, forcing them to give us attention, and therefore energy, to fill up our supply. We do not need other people’s energy. The universal energy can sustain us.
- The key to overcoming conflict in the world is the mystical experience, which is available to everyone. To nurture the mystical and build your energy, allow yourself to be filled with a sense of love. Insecurity and violence ends when we experience an inner connection with divine energy within, a connection described by mystics of all traditions. To experience ourselves connected with the endless source of energy is to feel euphoric, light, mystical, grateful, secure, and connected.
- Control dramas block our ability to fully experience the mystical. All humans, because of their upbringing, tend toward one of four control dramas:
- Interrogators steal it by judging and questioning; constantly asking questions and probe into anothers world to find something wrong and criticize in order to drain energy from you
- Aloof (or withdrawn) people attract attention (and energy) to themselves by playing coy, so people come and give their energy; aloof creates interrogators
- Poor me’s make us feel guilty and responsible for them; sharing victim stories and guilt trips to drain energy
- Intimidators steal energy from others by threat; aggressive; create poor mes
- Become aware of your control dramas, and clear the past to stay connected. Once cleared of traumas, you can build energy through contemplation and meditation, focus on you basic life question, and start riding a steady stream of intuitions, dreams, and synchronistic coincidences, all guiding you in the direction of your own evolution and transformation. Always remember to stop as often as necessary to reconnect your energy. Stay full and stay in a state of love, engaging the flow. Once you achieve this state of love, nothing and no one can pull more energy from you than you can replace. But you must stay conscious of this process in order for it to work. This is especially important when you interact with people. Fill up, grow, expand and evolve into higher states of love. Constantly ask “what is my next best step?”
- That evolution can’t be done alone, so begin to practice the new “Interpersonal Ethic” by uplifting those who cross your path. Talk to people who make spontaneous eye contact with you. Avoid co-dependent relationships. Be there for people. Call attention to other people’s control dramas. In groups, speak when the spirit (instead of the ego) moves you. Uplifting others is especially effective in groups where each member can feel the energy of all others. By seeing the beauty in every face, we lift others into their wisest self and increase the chances of hearing a synchronistic message.
- Our purpose here is to evolve beyond this plane, as we evolve towards the best completion of our spiritual missions, the technological means of survival will be fully automated as humans focus instead on synchronistic growth. More old-growth forests will help us to sustain our energy and accelerate our evolution. We can connect to God’s energy in such a way that we will eventually become beings of light, and walk into a heaven we can see here and now.